Last updated on November 23, 2021
Our contact information is:
T1 Commerce Inc.
4823 Sherbrooke Street West, Suite 170
Westmount, Québec H3Z 1G7 Canada
1. Processing activities covered
- Registering as a user and/or completing a user profile or other forms via the ThinkersOne Website and/or Applications;
- Purchasing products and/or services on the ThinkersOne Website and/or Applications;
- Communicating with us to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the ThinkersOne Website, Applications and/or any Contents;
- Receiving email communications from us;
- Submitting content to us as a Thinker, if you are a Thinker, as defined in our Thinker Terms;
- Joining one or more of our online communities and participating in discussions within such online communities; and
- Registering for and participating in one or more online and offline conferences, meetups and other in-person networking and educational activities organized by ThinkersOne.
2. Personal information that we collect
We only collect the personal information that is necessary to carry out our business, provide the service(s) you requested and to keep you informed of the latest news about our services.
Subject to certain exceptions and limitations, personal information is any information that directly or indirectly identifies, describes, relates to, is capable of being associated with, or can reasonably link to a particular consumer or household.
The personal information that we collect directly from you may include the following:
- Personal identifiers, which may include, without limitation, your email address, name, gender, address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information;
- Commercial information, which may include your billing information and purchase history;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, which may include, without limitation, browsing history, search history, and information regarding interaction with an internet website, application or advertisement;
- Geolocation data, which may include, without limitation, current and historical physical location including the country, state, city, zip code, address and/or location over time; and
- Inferences we make, which may include your likelihood of retention.
3. Personal information of children
You must be at least 18 years old to use the Website, the Applications and to sign up to our newsletter. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 18. Those under the age of 18 should not use the Website, the Applications or the Contents, or provide us with any personal information. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage, and if you have reasons to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided personal information to us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Device and usage data
We use common information-gathering tools, such as log files, cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to automatically collect information, which may contain personal information, from your computer or mobile device as you navigate our Website and Applications or interact with emails we have sent to you.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically via log files. This collected information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, your location, your browser type, your Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, the pages and files you viewed, your searches, your operating system and system configuration information, and date/time stamps associated with your usage.
This information is used to comply with data contracts, treaties, national laws, and regulations, analyze overall trends to help us provide and improve our Website, Applications and Contents, and to guarantee their security and continued proper functioning. We also collect IP addresses from users when they log into the services as part of the Website and the Applications’ security features.
When you visit our Website and/or use our Applications, our servers or an authorized third party may place a cookie on your browser, which can collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different sites. Cookies help us ensure our Website and Applications are not misused by bots and prevent account login information sharing.
We use both session-based and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only during one session and disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser software or turn off your computer. Persistent cookies remain on your computer or device after you close your browser or turn off your computer or device. Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set by using the opt-out tool at optout.networkadvertising.org. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used by us, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website, the Applications and/or the Contents.
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send "Do Not Track" signals to the online services that you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what "Do Not Track" means in this context. Like many websites and online services, ThinkersOne does not currently alter our practices when we receive a "Do Not Track" signal from a visitor’s browser except as specifically required by law. For information about "do not track" from The Future of Privacy Forum, click here.
5. Third Parties and Social Media Features
Third parties with whom we work with may also provide us information about you. We may combine information you have given to us with additional information made available by external sources. For example, depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services. Please verify the privacy policies of these third parties before submitting your personal information to them.
Conversely, ThinkersOne may use social media features, such as the Facebook “like” button, the “Tweet” button, and other sharing widgets (“Social Media Features”). You may be given the option by such Social Media Features to post information about your activities on a website to a profile page of yours that is provided by a third-party social media network in order to share with others within your network. Social Media Features are either hosted by the respective social media network or hosted directly on our website. To the extent the Social Media Features are hosted by the respective social media networks, the latter may receive information that you have visited our website from your IP address. If you are logged into your social media account, it is possible that the respective social media network can link your visit of our website with your social media profile. Your interactions with Social Media Features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing the relevant Social Media Features.
6. Purposes for which we process personal information and the legal basis on which we rely
We collect and process your personal information for the purposes and on the legal basis identified below:
- Providing our services and performing contracts: We use your personal information to enable us to operate and administer our Website, Applications and Contents, and to perform any contract with you to provide you with content you access and service you request according to any applicable terms of service;
- Managing user registrations: We will process your personal information by managing your user account for the purpose of performing the contract with you according to any applicable terms of service, and relevant national laws and regulations;
- Handling contact and user support requests: If you contact us by any available means, we will process your personal information to the extent it is necessary to fulfill your request and communicate with you;
- Developing and improving our Website, Applications and Contents: We will process your personal information to analyze trends and track your usage of our Website, Applications and Contents, and interactions with emails to the extent this is necessary for us to develop and improve our Website, Applications and Contents, and to provide our users with more relevant content;
- Sending communications: We will process your personal information to send you the latest updates about us, including information about our service, to the extent you have provided your prior separate consent;
- Complying with legal obligations: We will process your personal information when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts, or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of personal information to protect our rights, and is necessary for our legitimate interests to protect against misuse or abuse of data hosted on our Website and Applications, our data, our Website, our Applications, to protect personal property or safety, to pursue remedies available to us and limit our damages, to comply with judicial proceedings, court order, or legal process, and/or to respond to lawful requests.
Where we need to collect and process personal information by law, or under a contract we have entered into with you and you fail to provide that required personal information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract.
7. Service Providers
Your personal information may be collected, transferred to, and stored by us in Canada or/and US. We will use reasonable means to ensure that personal information is protected regardless of where your personal information may be located. Where we are required by law to implement appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information, we use European Commission-approved contract clauses to do so. If you have questions, please contact us.
We may transfer personal information to non-affiliated service providers in providing the services, such as IT and system administration and hosting, research and analytics, marketing, account management, technical operations, credit card processing and email service providers to send out emails on our behalf, pursuant to agreements that prohibit the service providers from using or disclosing the personal information other than for the purpose of processing and which impose security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law, and as necessary to protect the property, interests and rights of ThinkersOne.
In individual cases, we may also share personal information with professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers based in countries in which we operate, who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance, and accounting services.
Any personal information or other information you choose to submit in communities, forums, blogs, or chat rooms on our Website and/or Applications may be read, collected, and/or used by others who visit these platforms, depending on your account settings.
8. Retention of personal information
We will keep your personal information only as long as is reasonably necessary for the time consistent with the original purpose of collection or such longer period as may be required by applicable law. We determine the appropriate retention period for personal information on the basis of the amount, nature, and sensitivity of your personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, and whether we can achieve the purposes of the processing through other means.
9. Your access and control over your personal information
You may exercise any of the rights described below by sending an email to email@example.com or by using the contact information indicated in this section. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request. The verification methods we use may include requests to disclose your first name, last name, email address, location information, security question and other information. We will process your request within 30 days of receipt.
a) Managing your information
You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date. You can also ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you that you cannot update yourself.
b) Access to your information
You have the right to request information about the personal information we hold on you at any time. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with your personal information via email. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
If you are a Californian resident, once per calendar year, you may request that we provide a list of companies to which we disclose your personal information for business purposes, and a list of the categories of such personal information that we share. You may request further information about our compliance with this law by emailing email@example.com. Please include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and your California mailing or street address. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per client each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address nor requests made by non-California US residents.
c) Right to erasure
If you no longer want us to use your information to provide you with our latest news or any of our services, you can request that we erase your personal information.
Please note, however, that we may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate interests, such as fraud detection and enhancing security. We may also retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, such as keeping information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations, as well as professional obligations. Information you have shared with others (e.g. comments, community postings) may continue to be publicly visible. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g. log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers. Residual copies may also be kept in our backup systems. If we have shared your personal information with service providers, we will let them know about the erasure where possible.
d) Right to object to direct marketing
If we rely on your consent as our legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. If you have already given your consent but you prefer not to receive promotional information from us, you may unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe link situated at the bottom of any promotional message you receive from us, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
e) Restriction of processing
You can ask us to block or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or you object to us processing it and we have no legitimate grounds that override yours. Such request alone does not stop us from storing your personal information.
If you are a Californian resident, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”), the “sale” of personal information broadly includes any communication of personal information to any business that is deemed to be a “third party” (as defined in the CCPA) for monetary or other valuable consideration, subject to certain exceptions and limitations. ThinkersOne does not sell personal information. However, if you would like to submit such a request, please send your request to email@example.com.
f) Right to portability
Whenever we process your personal information, by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your personal information transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal information you have provided to us.
g) Automated decision-making
You have the right to elect not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling ("Automated Decision-Making"). Our Website does not currently use Automated Decision-Making.
h) Consent withdrawal
To the extent we base the collection, processing, and sharing of your personal information on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
i) Right to non-discrimination
Pursuant to the CCPA, we will not discriminate against Californian residents for exercising any of their rights under the CCPA. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not deny you services, charge you different prices or rates for services, or imposing penalties, provide you a different level or quality of services, or suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for services or a different level or quality of services for your exercise of your CCPA rights.
j) Authorized agent
If you are a Californian resident, you may use an authorized agent to exercise certain privacy-related requests and rights on your behalf. The authorized agent’s exercise or request on your behalf sent by mail shall include a power of attorney or a notarized statement properly signed by you appointing such authorized agent for such purpose. If your authorized agent submits the exercise or request online, a copy of the power of attorney or the original notarized statement shall be sent to us by mail.
k) Questions or complaints
4823 Sherbrooke Street West, Suite 170
Westmount, Québec H3Z 1G7 Canada
If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
10. Personal information security
We take reasonable precautions to ensure the protection of personal information collected, used or disclosed by us using appropriate physical, organizational and technological measures. We use industry-standard encryption technologies to receive sensitive data submitted by you on our Website.
In case of a personal data breach that is likely to result in high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will notify you and the proper authority within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach and without undue delay.
While we follow generally accepted standards to protect personal information, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. You are solely responsible for protecting your password, limiting access to your devices, and signing out of the Website after your sessions. If you have any questions about the security of our Website and Applications, please contact us using the contact information in the “Questions or complaints” section above.